Monday, September 24, 2012

hero.

i guess this may be a little cliche, but my hero is my dad.
for real. i look up to him and my mom more than anyone else, but right now i just want to focus on my dad.
my dad is...
generous
    brave
         friendly
               funny
                    wise
                         protective
                              sarcastic
                                   kind
                                        fun.
he's someone who i know that i can rely on for anything. he's got my back.
my parents have always been hands off with me, which i appreciate. it's helped me since i moved to college last year. it seems a little ironic, but being at college and away has made me realize how much my dad really cared.
cares.
sometimes it's a little frustrating because it seems like whenever i call home and say how frustrated i am with school or how i don't think i can, my dad will tell me to suck it up. carry on. do my best. but i realized that he knows i can do it. he has more faith in me than practically anyone else. he trusts me more than i trust myself.
because of my dad...
                             i like the music i like
                        i have the standards i have
                   i know that i am important.
              i have the testimony i have.
          i have the work ethic i have.
     i love the family the way i do.
i can honestly say that the biggest trials in my life have come from not listening to my dad. but the biggest blessings have come from following his advice.
i don't tell him enough, but i love him. i wouldn't be here without him.

1 comment:

  1. love that you have this kind of relationship with your dad. you are lucky to have him!

    thanks for linking up :) We love having you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...