Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Press On.

So there I sat. The computer screen loomed in front of me and I felt overwhelmed. How was qu’est-ce que c’est? different from qui est-ce? What in the world did c'est even mean? And how was I supposed to write sentences using these phrases when honestly all I knew how to say was Bonjour, je m'appelle Jane. Comment allez-vous? and TrĂ©s bien!
Tears started to roll down my face. The frantic "I can't do this!" call to my mom didn't help much (she can't magically fix my problems, despite all my conviction otherwise). Reading the text book again didn't help at all.

But then I saw this on my syllabus:
"'Do not pray for tasks equal to your abilities, but pray for abilities equal to your tasks. Then the performance of your tasks will be no miracle, but you will be the miracle.'
                                                                                                       --President Thomas S. Monson
This course is time-consuming and demanding. However, if you work hard and try your best, the Lord will sustain you and you will be the miracle."


I can do this.

And then I was reminded of this song. I'm convinced Fun. can be applied to every situation. (Well, not really...just most situations...haha)


But really, sometimes things seem way too overwhelming to handle. And I've learned that:
a) even when things seem down, you CAN do it.
b) emotional breakdowns are ok.
c) take a step back, take a deep breath.
d) Heavenly Father will raise you to EVERY occasion. Even if it's French 101.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...