Sunday, July 8, 2012

Life and Loss

I consider myself to be young- no matter how much my brother's friends tease me being old. Young people have a whole bunch of life ahead of them; going to college, being with friends, travel, pursuing a career, marriage, starting a family, buying a house, family moments, becoming grandparents, you name it and it can be added to the list.

But then when you hear about death, it makes you put your life on pause and reflection. Am I living a life that if I died today, people would pause and have good things to remember me by? I have been seeing the words "happy," "pretty," "kindest person," "always smiling," "good memories," and other positive words all over my Facebook today and I agree. This girl was such a positive person and even though I was not close with her I saw the light she brought into others lives. She just graduated high school- she just closed a chapter and she was about to start a whole new one with plenty more to come. Her life was not going to end- it was unexpected.

Then I started thinking about Penelope and Jane- what if I lost one of them? I would be in shock, denial, and then devastated. Just picking up my phone to send them a text- and they would never receive it. Just all the simple things. I am so grateful for them and they are alive and well. Prayers go out for those who lost loved ones today. God be with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...