Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Sister Date.

Today I was bored. And so was Emmie, my sister. We were pinteresting and found this recipe. 
"Oreo cheesecake cupcakes?!?!" We said. "Heck yes!!"
So we embarked to Ridley's to get oreos and then got started!
The Process:
(From the top left): Oreos in the base of cupcake liners. MOUNDS of cream cheese. Adding sour cream. Mixing them together. The oh-so-important sugar. Can't forget the salt! Eggs. REAL vanilla. Oreos in the blender. Blended oreos. Putting the cupcakes in the oven. Side photo of finished process.
(Middle): THE FINISHED THING!!!

The sisters:
(From the top right down): Me, in all my glory, struggling with the mixer. Emmie, dumping mounds of cream cheese in the bowl. Emmie, mixing the oreo bits in. The popcorn we ate as we waited for them to cook. Eric, Lucy, Petey and Emmie, watching Phineas and Ferb while we waited some more.
(Middle): Me and Emmie, after consuming the cupcakes. Happy happy girls are we!

 Of course, we didn't do this alone. As I mentioned, I was having issues with the mixer...so we recruited our Dad to assist us in the matter. Aren't dads wonderful? I say yes.
But try these. They are wonderful.

Off to watch Ramona and Beezus with Em.

Bake on, my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...