Monday, May 28, 2012

Big Smile?

This probably isn't something I like to admit. Actually, no probably about it. Who likes to tell people that they have a fake tooth on a retainer in their mouth as we are speaking? Not me. How embarrassing. I feel like a girl (woman? lady? who cares.) of my age should not have to wear orthodontic equipment in their mouth. Especially when they haven't had braces for quite a few years now.
Anyway. As I was eating my blueberry mini wheats this morning, the tooth on my retainer BROKE OFF. So I had two choices as I headed out for the day: not wear a retainer and look like a hillbilly, or wear the other retainer I have that has a wire in front and look like a fourteen year old freak again. Neither is preferable.
I decided on being fourteen again.
Bright Side:
  • At least I can get it fixed tomorrow (as today is a holiday. Happy Memorial Day.)
  • At least I live in a time where I can have straight teeth.
  • At least I live in a time where I just got out of a surgery that will give me a permanent fake tooth in August once the post they put in my bone heals.
But in the moment? I look and feel like I'm fourteen again and it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...